Dear Edmonson Families,
How excited we are at Edmonson Elementary to be in year two as a LEADER IN ME Schooll! It is an absolute privilege to lead a "family" of enthusiastic learners, supportive parents/guardians, and a passionate, caring, hard working staff. You have chosen a GREAT place for your children to grow and learn. Our dedicated staff continues to take learning seriously while making personal connections to grow LEADERS.
At Edmonson Elementary, a Leader in Me school, students are inspired to make positive, effective, and responsible choices by learning and practicing the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. "The Leader in Me process teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader." (S.R. Covey) We carry on our learning of the 7 Habits in all of our classrooms. The habits are:
1. Be proactive.
2. Begin with the end in mind.
3. Put first things first.
4. Think win-win.
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
7. Sharpen the saw.
It is SO important to put first things first (habit 3) and support your child's learning by ensuring that:
1. Your child attends school daily and arrives on time ready for a GREAT day of learning!
2. Your child is well rested by having a set bedtime each evening.
3. Your child shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
4. Your child knows that you EXPECT him/her to be respectful in all aspects of the school day.
5. You attend Parent/Teacher Conferences in the Fall AND Spring.
If you need to enter the school at any time, please report to the main entrance, press the buzzer, and wait for identification request so you can be "buzzed in." As always, whenever you enter the building, it is imperative that you check into the front office. Thank you for helping to keep our students and staff safe.
We hope you follow us on Twitter @EdmonsonLions and Facebook at www.fb.com/edmonsonelementary
to see our amazing LEADERS at Edmonson Elementary where we truly live our mission statement of: Educating Every Leader . . . We'll Do What It Takes!
As always, your support is greatly appreciated and remember~
IT'S GREAT TO BE AN EDMONSON LION!
Sharon A. Stephens, Proud Principal of Edmonson Elementary, A "Leader in Me" School